Rev. Josh Wright
Current Ministry RoleHospital Chaplain at Mercy Hospital in OKC
Years in Ministry6-15 Years
Areas of PassionPreaching, Chaplaincy, Education
AvailabilityShort-term (1-3 months) or Episodic
Why Mentoring?Because it's hard to be on your own.
1. Lament for a Son by Nicolas Wolterstorff--incredibly moving memoir about grief, God, and wrestling with faith.
2. The Holy Longing by Ronald Rolheiser--a different kind of book about spiritual formation and disciplines.
3. 10 Days to Self-Esteem by David Burns--a great book on believing in yourself and giving yourself as much grace as you give anyone else.
4. The Great Divorce by CS Lewis--powerful fictional exploration of the nature of sin, grace, heaven, and hell.
5. Generation to Generation by Edwin Friedman--great exploration of how group dynamics affects behavior.