MA in Theological Studies
PROGRAM HOURS: 48
The Master of Arts – Theological Studies is a fully distance degree designed for students who desire familiarity with the major theological disciplines and to deepen their understanding of the Christian faith.
The MA(TS) is a 48-credit hour degree program with coursework in the following disciplines:
- Christian Scriptures, Church History, Theology, and Philosophy (33 hours)
- Electives (15 hours)
An accredited undergraduate degree with a grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or better is expected for admission as a Regular Student.
International students, non-degree seeking students (including students seeking to audit), and students without a bachelor’s degree may view additional requirements here.
Have more questions about transfer of credits or other admission-requirement related questions? Please see the Academic Catalog or contact us.
2018-19 tuition is $515 per credit hour. 89% of enrolled NTS students receive financial assistance. The office of financial aid is committed to coming alongside students to resource and help them make graduate-level education an affordable reality. The general scholarship application is embedded in the NTS application. View more about program costs, fees and additional financial aid options here.
- Submit online application and application fee
- Supply documentation
- Submit three references (academic, pastoral, personal) to email@example.com (Download Reference Form)
- Submit Formal Academic Research Paper (or 500-word formal essay) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have official transcripts of all previous academic work sent directly to Nazarene Theological Seminary: Enrollment Services (Unofficial transcripts are sufficient until official ones arrive)
- Background Check
For international, previously admitted students, non-Baccalaureate, and non-degree seeking students, click here for application requirements.