MA in Theological Studies
PROGRAM HOURS: 48
The Master of Arts – Theological Studies is a fully distance degree designed for students who desire familiarity with the major theological disciplines and to deepen their understanding of the Christian faith.
The MA(TS) is a 48-credit hour degree program with coursework in the following disciplines:
- Christian Scriptures, Church History, Theology, and Philosophy (33 hours)
- Electives (15 hours)
An accredited undergraduate degree with a grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or better is expected for admission as a Regular Student.
International students, non-degree seeking students (including students seeking to audit), and students without a bachelor’s degree may view additional requirements here.
Have more questions about transfer of credits or other admission-requirement related questions? Please see the Academic Catalog or contact us.
2019-20 tuition is $525per credit hour. 89% of enrolled NTS students receive financial assistance. The office of financial aid is committed to coming alongside students to resource and help them make graduate-level education an affordable reality. The general scholarship application is embedded in the NTS application. View more about program costs, fees and additional financial aid options here.
For admission to a master's degree program, prepare to submit the following during the application process:
- Three references: academic, pastoral, personal
NOTE: Army Chaplains may submit the last two Officer Efficiency Reports (OERs) in lieu of the Ecclesial Employer/Supervisor and Lay Person references.
- Transcripts: Have official transcripts of all previous academic work sent directly to Nazarene Theological Seminary: Enrollment Services (Unofficial transcripts are sufficient until official ones arrive).
- Formal Academic Research Paper (or 500-word formal essay)
Please be prepared to provide the following additional items:
- TOEFL Scores: 550 (paper based); 79-80 (internet based)
- Completed Affidavit of Financial Support (consult the Cost of Attendance document to help you complete this.)
For more information, please consult the International Student Handbook.