Application Requirement & Details
New Master’s Degree-Seeking Students
- A completed application with a $25 nonrefundable application fee (payable on the online application)
- Personal Statement - A 750- to 1,000-word typed essay giving your home and religious background, reasons for desiring to enter a particular area of ministry, and reasons for wanting graduate theological education. This essay is uploaded to the online application.
- Official Transcripts - Detailing previous academic study from all universities or colleges attended, embossed with the school seal. These must be sent directly from the issuing institution to the Office of the Registrar and Admissions. Applicants with course work in progress toward the fulfillment of a degree are required to submit an official final transcript verifying receipt of that degree after completion of the course work.
- References - Applicants will request references as part of the online application process, which will be sent directly by the recommender designated on the form to the Office of the Registrar and Admissions. Please do not use family members for any of the references.
- Ecclesial Supervisor - pastor or direct ecclesial supervisor
- Professor from undergraduate/graduate studies well acquainted with your academic qualification
- Personal - an unrelated person who knows you well and can speak to your capabilities as a graduate student
- Additional letters of reference are helpful but not required. These can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to the attention of the Office of the Registrar and Admissions at 816.268.5500.
Note for International Students: Please view our International Student’s Information Page to see a list of additional materials that must be submitted along with your application.
Note: This process is for those who have attended and been away from NTS for two years or more.
- A completed re-admission application
- Senior Pastor or Ecclesial Supervisor Reference (included in the online application)
- Official Transcripts - documentation of any additional coursework completed since attendance at NTS.
Note: This process is for those who are not degree-seeking or auditing courses.
- A completed non-degree application
- Official Transcripts - Detailing previous academic study from all universities or colleges attended, embossed with the school seal; must be sent directly from the issuing institution to the Office of the Registrar and Admissions.
All application materials must be submitted before an application will be reviewed and considered for admission. If you have any questions about applications or requirements, please contact the Office of the Registrar and Admissions at 1.800.831.3011, ext. 5452 or email@example.com.
Doctor of Ministry Degree Program
Information on the DMin Application and Enrollment process can be found at: