Application Requirement & Details
New Master’s Degree-Seeking Students
- A completed application with a $50 nonrefundable application fee (payable on the online application)
- Personal Statement (Statement of Purpose) - A 500-word typed essay giving your home and religious background, reasons for desiring to enter a particular area of ministry, and reasons for wanting graduate theological education. This essay is uploaded to the online application.
- A recent research paper from undergraduate studies, or a 500-word formal essay on a current issue. PLEASE NOTE: this paper will be attached separately from the online application.
- Official Transcripts - Detailing previous academic study from all universities or colleges attended, embossed with the school seal. These must be sent directly from the issuing institution to the Office of the Registrar and Admissions. Applicants with course work in progress toward the fulfillment of a degree are required to submit an official final transcript verifying receipt of that degree after completion of the course work.
- Three non-relative references, the forms for which are included with the Application for Admission. The recommender may also provide a letter of recommendation. The reference form and letter should be sent directly by the recommender to the Office of Admissions. References should come from the following:
- Ecclesial Supervisor - pastor or direct ecclesial supervisor
- Professor from undergraduate/graduate studies well acquainted with your academic qualification
- Personal - any person who knows you well and can speak to your capabilities as a graduate student
- Additional letters of reference are helpful but not required. These can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to the attention of the Office of the Registrar and Admissions at 816.268.5500.
- The Seminary reserves the right to review any supplemental information to an application at any point in the admissions process. The Admissions Committee will evaluate such information for its accuracy and helpfulness to the admissions process.
Note for International Students: Please view our International Student’s Information Page to see a list of additional materials that must be submitted along with your application.
Note: This process is for those who have attended and been away from NTS for two years or more.
- A completed re-admission application.
- Reference from a Senior Pastor or Ecclesial Supervisor (if the applicant is the Senior Pastor).
- $25 Application Fee for Background Check.
- Transcripts from additional course work taken since last attendance at NTS.
- A brief description of why the student is ready to start seminary again and what will be differen with this enrollment.
- Students applying for readmission after 10 years following initial enrollment should see completion of studies requirments.
Note: This process is for those who are not degree-seeking or auditing courses. These students are permitted to take a maximum of 15 credit hours.
- A completed non-degree application
- Transcripts from all previous undergraduate and graduate schools
All application materials must be submitted before an application will be reviewed and considered for admission. If you have any questions about applications or requirements, please contact the Office of the Registrar and Admissions at 1.800.831.3011, ext. 5452 or email@example.com.
Doctor of Ministry Degree Program
Information on the DMin Application and Enrollment process can be found at: