The primary purposes of NTS Student Financial Assistance are to:
- Provide as many students as possible with the resources to help meet their financial need;
- Distribute our financial assistance in an equitable manner;
- Further the mission of the Seminary.
Our GoalThe goal of Nazarene Theological Seminary’s Financial Aid Program is to award students financial assistance in an expedient and professional manner in order to offer them the opportunity to further their education at NTS. Below are some links that students might find helpful with regard to financial aid:
- How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Tuition and Fees
- Cost of Attendance 2013-2014 KC, MVNU, SNU, and TNU
- Cost of Attendance 2013-2014 ENC
- Financial Aid Calendar
- Code of Conduct
NTS Scholarship/Grant Application & Other Resources
Scholarships and/or instituional aid are available to all accepted degree-seeking students of the seminary. If you are seeking only a certificate or diploma, you do not qualify. Prior to March 1 for the Fall semester and November 1 for the Spring semester, new students must submit all application materials - application, references, and transcripts - and be accepted to the seminary to qualify. In addition, all students (new, continuing, and returning) must complete the NTS General Scholarship/Grant Application by those deadlines every year in order to qualify, and the FAFSA if wishing to use Federal Direct Unsubsidized loans.
Once a scholarship is awarded, only students who receive annual scholarships need to fill out a scholarship/grant application. EXCEPTION: Students, who have a GPA of 3.75 or better and are not receiving an Honors Scholarship, may apply for the Honors Scholarship annually by either the March 1 or November 1 deadline. Download or view the following PDFs:
Important Financial Aid Links
- Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling
- Useful Exit Counseling Information
- Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
Contact the Financial Aid Office
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the NTS Financial Aid Office at 800.831.3011, ext. 5424, 816-268-5424, or firstname.lastname@example.org.