89% of NTS students who are enrolled at least half time receive a scholarship.
The primary purposes of NTS Student Financial Assistance are to:
- Provide as many students as possible with the resources to help meet their financial need;
- Distribute our financial assistance in an equitable manner;
- Further the mission of the Seminary.
Our GoalThe goal of Nazarene Theological Seminary’s Financial Aid Program is to award students financial assistance in an expedient and professional manner in order to offer them the opportunity to further their education at NTS. Below are some links that students might find helpful with regard to financial aid:
- How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Tuition and Fees
- Cost of Attendance 2015-2016 KC, MVNU, SNU, and TNU
- Cost of Attendance 2015-2016 ENC
- Cost of Attendance 2015-2016 PLNU
- Financial Aid Calendar
- Code of Conduct
- NTS Scholarship and Financial Aid Handbook 2015-2016
- List of available scholarships at NTS
NTS Scholarship/Grant Application & Other Resources
Scholarships and/or instituional aid are available to all accepted degree-seeking students of the seminary, but must be applied for annually. Those students seeking only a certificate or diploma, or are only auditing classes, do not qualify. Prior to March 1 for the Fall semester and November 1 for the Spring semester and summer trailer, new students must submit all application materials - application, references, and transcripts - and be accepted to the seminary to qualify. You may submit your scholarship application before all your admissions materials are submitted however. In addition, all students (new, continuing, and returning) must complete the NTS General Scholarship/Grant Application by the above deadlines every year in order to qualify. In general, students must have a 3.0 GPA to be considered for scholarship awards. All new students who submit their applications by the appropriate deadline will be considered for awards. Applications for new and returning students submitted after the deadlines will be considered on a case-by-case basis and applications may be accpeted, denied, reduced, or awarded the following semester.
Scholarships are annual awards that must be applied for every year. Below is our online scholarship application. Please use this form to apply.
NTS Online Scholarship Application
Local Church Scholarship Programs
Many of our students are active participants in their local church, and many churches have educational scholarship programs for ministry training. A great place to start when looking for financial support is within your own congregation. Write up a proposal with your academic expenses and present this to the interested individuals or churches. Those who want to contribute to your NTS student account can send a check to our Business office identifying the student to whose account the payment should be applied.
Web-Based Scholarship Searches
- Going to Seminary
- Forum for Theological Exploration
- Free College Scholarship Searches
- College Scholarships
Important Financial Aid Links
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - NTS School Code is G02494
- Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling
- Exit Counseling Guide
- Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
Contact the Financial Aid Office
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the NTS Financial Aid Office at 800.831.3011, ext. 5424, 816-268-5424, or email@example.com. FAX 816-268-5500.