Nazarene Theological Seminary is seeking a full-time Financial Literacy Advisor to serve as a part of the Center for Pastoral Leadership. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and application to HR@NTS.EDU, fax it to 816.268.5500, or mail it to our Kansas City location. A job description and application are attached for your convenience. We look forward to hearing from you!
Kansas City is a growing metropolis with a strong job market. Below are a few local job search engine links that might be helpful to you when looking for a job in the Kansas City area:
- Kansas City Jobs.com
- Kansas City Non-Profit Positions
- Nazarene Job Board
- KCTV Job Connection
In addition to the links above, you will find below some specific employment opportunities that have been sent to us for posting on the NTS website.
Are you an employer that is interested in having your employment opportunity listed on the NTS website? Please fill out the employment form here to have your opportunity listed. For additional questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800.831.3011, ext. 5433.
HOURS: Hours are flexible
WAGE TYPE: $15/hour
JOB DESCRIPTION: Looking for someone to help with household chores and yardwork. Experience is preferable, but we will train someone if needed.
COMPANY/EMPLOYER ADDRESS: 5144 Wyandotte | Kansas City | MO | 64112
CONTACT NAME: Larry Denton
CONTACT PHONE: 816-916-5246
Other Notes: Couples may also work together if desired.
Connecting For Good is hiring!
CFG is currently seeking applicants for a full time Development Coordinator position. This is a 1 year role, which will generate funding and increase community visibility for our services focused on closing the digital divide. This position manages donor relation activities, creates marketing and appeals materials, and related internal/external communications. The AmeriCorps VISTA term begins August 2016 and ends July 2017. For more information, and to view the complete job description, click here<http://connectingforgood.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7aea3cf4dd3d5c8285bf0c71c&id=311ba04eb0&e=5594e4fee9>.
Interested applicants must complete the online application through AmeriCorps by July 5.
POSITION/JOB TITLE : Package Handler
HOURS : Part-time (more than 20 hrs.)
WAGE TYPE : Hourly (tuition reimbursement available as well - see additional comments below)
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/PREFERENCE : No educational minimum required
JOB DESCRIPTION : To unload and load parcels weighing up to 70 pounds each.
JOB REQUIREMENTS : Must be able to:
• Bend, stoop, crouch, squat, crawl, climb, stand, walk, and turn/pivot Part-time, 3-5 hours per day, 5 days per week
• Ability to work varying shifts, additional hours and/or overtime depending on service needs
• Report to work on a regular and timely basis and complete the scheduled workday on a consistent basis
• Lift, lower, push, pull, leverage, and manipulate equipment and/or packages weighing up to 70 pounds • Lift and lower packages while “unloading” at a rate of 700 to 1,300 packages per hour and while “loading” at a rate of 500 to 1,200 packages per hour
• Assist in moving packages up to 150 pounds
• Grasp and maintain control of packages
• Read label information
• Lift packages to heights above the shoulder and lower packages to foot level as appropriate
• Perform tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, use of a computer or other data device, including hand-held scanners
• Operate powered equipment including extended belts and loading devices
• Have a sufficient ability to communicate, through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
• Work at elevated heights, in enclosed spaces and on uneven walk surfaces
• Work in an environment with variable temperatures and humidity; exposure to dust, dirt, and noise; and confined work area
• Work cooperatively in a diverse work environment
• Demonstrate cognitive ability to follow directions and routines; work independently with appropriate judgment; exhibit spatial awareness; read words and numbers; concentrate, memorize, and recall; identify logical connections and determine sequence of response; and process up to 2-3 steps ahead
• Perform other functions that may be assigned
COMPANY/EMPLOYER NAME : UPS COMPANY
EMPLOYER ADDRESS : 223 N. James St.|Kansas City|Kansas|66118|US
CONTACT NAME : Kimberly Jeter
CONTACT PHONE : (913) 573-4765
CONTACT EMAIL : email@example.com
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION/COMMENTS :
Applications can be completed at www.upsjobs.com
Opportunity for tuition reimbursement: $2625/semester; $5250/year; $25,000 life time cap.
POSITION/JOB TITLE : Direct Care Staff
HOURS : Other
WAGE TYPE : Paid internship
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/PREFERENCE : Some college preferred
JOB DESCRIPTION : Live and work for a minimum year as a Mentor with our teenagers. We are located just east of Kansas City, Missouri in Independence, Missouri. You must be at least 21 years of age.
Click here to view specifics about our program.
JOB REQUIREMENTS : Experience working or volunteering with teenagers is very helpful. An undergraduate degree is preferred. Candidates must be 21 years old.
COMPANY/EMPLOYER NAME : Shelterwood Academy
COMPANY/EMPLOYER ADDRESS : 3205 N. Twyman Rd.|Independence|MO|64058|US
CONTACT NAME : Greg Stone
CONTACT PHONE : (816) 812-2464
CONTACT EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION/COMMENTS : Due to HIPAA regulations we do operate a closed campus, but visitors are welcome to set an appointment to visit campus M-F 10AM-3PM.