As we all attempt to navigate the uncertainty and challenges of the current pandemic, NTS has and will continue to attempt to find ways for our students to continue their education with as little disruption as is possible.
To that end, we are announcing a fall 2020 semester COVID-19 student assistance program designed to help students who are directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and have not been able to get sufficient help from local, state, and federal relief programs. The goal is to provide assistance to students to offset any financial barriers directly related to the virus that may interfere with continuing their education. This program is funded by government grants and generous donors, for which we are grateful.
Please note: Some funds are limited to residential students eligible for Title IV Funds based on the Department of Education’s guidelines.
Application period: August 20, 2020 – November 30, 2020
Some of the assistance funds are provided for through a CARES HEERF GRANT. Eligibility for those funds includes:
- Students must have been enrolled for the SP20 semester or currently enrolled in the FA20 semester.
- Students must have a current emergency need.
- Students must demonstrate an ability and intention to complete their course of study.
- Students must currently be eligible for Federal Title IV Financial Aid.
- CARES HEERF Grant cannot be used for: SP20 Tuition and Fees.
- Maximum Award: $2,000.00.
Application Process Overview:
- Complete the application form below.
- The scholarship/grant committee will process the application.
- Applicants will be notified as quickly as possible.
- We anticipate the process between application receipt and a decision will be approximately 3 days. The distribution of funds would be the next weekly check processing cycle which occurs on Thursdays.