MA in Intercultural Studies
PROGRAM HOURS: 48
The Master of Arts in Intercultural Studies (MAICS) degree prepares students for ministry in multicultural contexts, providing special preparation for future missionaries, pastors, teachers and other professionals who will minister in a multicultural world. This program allows students to seek specialization in areas such as urban ministries, education, and other areas of servant leadership in intercultural contexts.
The MAICS is a 48-credit hour degree program with coursework in the following disciplines:
- General Core (12 hours)
- Intercultural Studies (24 hours)
- Electives (12 hours)
An accredited undergraduate degree with a grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or better is expected for admission as a Regular Student.
International students, non-degree seeking students (including students seeking to audit), and students without a bachelor’s degree may view additional requirements here.
Have more questions about transfer of credits or other admission-requirement related questions? Please see the Academic Catalog or contact us.
2018-19 tuition is $515 per credit hour. 89% of enrolled NTS students receive financial assistance. The office of financial aid is committed to coming alongside students to resource and help them make graduate-level education an affordable reality. The general scholarship application is embedded in the NTS application. View more about program costs, fees and additional financial aid options here.
- Submit online application and application fee
- Supply documentation
- Submit three references (academic, pastoral, personal) to the enrollment office. Complete the Applicant Reference Request to send instructions to your references.)
- Submit Formal Academic Research Paper (or 500-word formal essay) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have official transcripts of all previous academic work sent directly to Nazarene Theological Seminary: Enrollment Services (Unofficial transcripts are sufficient until official ones arrive)
- Background Check
For international, previously admitted students, non-Baccalaureate, and non-degree seeking students, click here for application requirements.