NTS celebrates 75th commencement
The 75th Commencement of Nazarene Theological Seminary was held on May 1, 2021 at College Church of the Nazarene in Olathe, Kansas. The event was the culmination of the seventy-five-year anniversary of the Seminary’s founding in 1945.
Rev. Dr. Ron Benefiel, Professor of Sociology and Christian Ministry Adjunct at Point Loma Nazarene University and lead consultant for the PLNU Center for Pastoral Leadership, delivered the commencement address focused on the call to become humble, faithful missionaries to the contexts in which they serve. Dr. Benefiel served NTS as president from 2000 – 2011.
“Be faithful to your calling,” said Dr. Benefiel to the graduating class, “Remember that it is God who has called you and the one who has called you will see you through.”
60 graduates of the class of 2021 received the following degrees:
- 23 Master of Divinity degrees
- 4 of these students completed their validated Course of Study for Ordination
- 22 Master of Arts degrees
- 16 Doctor of Ministry degrees
15 master-level certificates were earned in the following disciplines:
- Certificate in Evangelism
- Certificate in Cross-Cultural Ministries
- Certificate in New Testament
- Certificate in Christian Theology
- Certificate in Pastoral Counseling
- Certificate in Chaplaincy Ministry
- Certificate in Biblical Languages
This year’s graduates represented four countries including the United States, Chile, South Africa, and Canada. NTS invites the church to congratulate these graduates and servant leaders on their educational accomplishments.
NTS is a graduate school of theology located in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri. NTS offers master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs in video conference, online, and face-to-face learning formats. Visit: www.nts.edu for more information.