Students applying for a master’s degree without a bachelor’s degree are strongly encouraged to pursue a baccalaureate degree before applying. For students without a bachelor’s degree applying to a degree program at NTS, prepare to submit the following during the application process:
- Three references: academic, pastoral, personal
NOTE: Army Chaplains may submit the last two Officer Efficiency Reports (OERs) in lieu of the Ecclesial Employer/Supervisor and Lay Person references.
- Transcripts: Have official transcripts of all previous academic work sent directly to Nazarene Theological Seminary: Enrollment Services (Unofficial transcripts are sufficient until official ones arrive). If GPA is less than 3.0, an additional paper is required.
- 500-word Statement of Purpose
- Formal Academic Research Paper (or 500-word formal essay)
- Complete The Reading and Writing Assessment