May 4, 2019
The 73rd Commencement activities were held on Saturday, May 4, 2019 in the J.B. Memorial Chapel on the campus of Nazarene Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Missouri.
Dr. Sam Vassal, District Superintendent for the Metro New York District Church of the Nazarene, delivered the commencement address. Dr. Vassal called graduates to guard the Gospel through exemplary Christian leadership.
“It is not sufficient say what is truth, even to power,” said Dr. Vassal to the graduating class. “You must be prepared to speak the truth in love.”
Fifty-three graduates of the class of 2019 received the following degrees:
- 35 Master of Divinity degrees
- 12 Master of Arts degrees
- 6 Doctor of Ministry degrees
Twenty master-level certificates were earned in the following disciplines:
- Certificate in Biblical languages
- Certificate in Chaplaincy Ministries
- Certificate in Christian Discipleship
- Certificate in Christian Theology
- Certificate in Church History
- Certificate in Cross-Cultural Ministries
- Certificate in Pastoral Counseling
- Certificate in Spiritual Formation
Three diplomas were awarded to students in the following disciplines:
- Cross-Cultural Studies
- Diaconal Ministry
- Church Planting
This year’s graduating class included students from the United States, Canada, Bolivia, and Panama. NTS invites the church to congratulate these servant leaders on their educational accomplishments.
NTS is a graduate school of theology located in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri. NTS offers master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs in video conference, online, and face-to-face learning formats.
Visit: www.nts.edu/info for more information.