The 72nd Commencement activities were held in the J.B. Memorial Chapel on the campus of Nazarene Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Missouri.
Dr. Mary R. Paul, Vice-President for Spiritual Development at Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego, California, delivered the commencement address focused on the sustaining presence of Christ in ministry.
“Christ will be present in the fullness,” said Dr. Paul to the graduating class. “And this our prayer: that wherever you go, on the worst of days and on the best of days, you will lean in and know His presence anew.”
Forty-seven graduates of the class of 2018 received the following degrees:
- 25 Master of Divinity degrees
- 6 of these students completed their validated Course of Study for Ordination
- 14 Master of Arts degrees
- 6 Doctor of Ministry degrees
Three post-graduate certificates were awarded to those earning the Advanced Graduate Certificate in Wesleyan Pastoral Studies.
Thirteen master-level certificates were earned in the following disciplines:
- Certificate in Chaplaincy Ministries
- Certificate in Christian Discipleship
- Certificate in Christian Theology
- Certificate in Church Planting
- Certificate in Collaborative Urban Ministry and Development
- Certificate in Pastoral Counseling
- Certificate in Spiritual Formation
Two diplomas were awarded in Cross-Cultural Studies.
This year’s graduates represented five countries including the United States, El Salvador, Guatemala, Kenya, and Canada. NTS invites the church to congratulate these graduates and servant leaders on their educational accomplishments.
NTS is a graduate school of theology located in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri. NTS offers master’s, doctoral, and certificate programs in video conference, online, and face-to-face learning formats. Visit: www.nts.edu for more information.