- This event has passed.
Reimagining Community: Race and the White Church
September 13, 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Join us for this virtual event featuring Dr. Robert Jones, CEO and founder of Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) and the author of White Too Long: The Legacy of White Supremacy in American Christianity. Jones writes regularly on politics, culture, and religion for The Atlantic online, NBC Think, and other outlets. He is frequently featured in major national media, such as CNN, MSNBC, NPR, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and others. He holds a Ph.D. in religion from Emory University and a M.Div. from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the author of The End of White Christian America, which won the 2019 Grawemeyer Award in Religion. The Tom Nees Lectures on Social Justice are named after the late Rev. Dr. Tom Nees, an alumnus of NTS and champion for social justice.
12:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Lecture 1: Looking Back: Learning to Tell a Truer Christian History
Lecture 2: Where do we go from here? Imagining a Christian future beyond white supremacy.
- White Too Long by Robert P. Jones
- “I’m Not Here to Fix Evangelicals, But to Show Them Who They Are: An Interview With Anthea Butler”
- Public Religion Research Institute
- Why it’s now ‘American identity, stupid’ in US politics
- Between Juneteenth and the Fourth of July
- Robert P. Jones and Kristen du Mez Discuss Race and Gender Equality in White Evangelical Circles
- What’s On Your Bookshelf? Book recommendations by Dr. Andy Johnson
If you are planning an event or have an interest in
renting event space, please visit the Event Request page.