Called to start new communities of faith?
NTS is passionate about equipping those called to start new churches and ministries. Programs at NTS for church planters are designed to combine an emphasis on equipping the mind, heart, and hands for missional service in the world.
There are two primary paths for those called to church planting:
1) Master of Arts in Transformational Leadership (MATL) in Church Planting, Church Development, or Evangelism: This 36-credit hour degree program can be specialized to serve the needs and interests of church planters. The MATL integrates:
- Common Core (12 hours) Courses focused on the theological disciplines
- Integrative Core (12 hours) Courses addressing community and context, leadership development, integrative theology, and practicum/assessment
- Specialization (12 hours) Working with an advisor, students customize this degree to equip them for their call to church planting, development, or evangelism.
2) The Certificate in Church Planting is a 14 hour certificate program that combines courses on:
- Starting strong, new churches
- Congregational based church planting
- Mentoring church planters
- Immersion in a church plant
- One elective course
The Certificate in Church Planting can be combined with the Master of Divinity (MDiv), a 76 hour master’s degree program that provides comprehensive theological formation, or the Mast of Arts in Transformational Leadership.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected] or 816.268.5444 or complete the form below:
Rev. Lynnlee Moser Class of 2018
“The Certificate in Church Planting provides a robust theological narrative for church planting, deeply rooted in an understanding that the church reflects the missional nature of God. The program offers students practical tools and applications for church planting.”