2023 NTS Alumni Council Nominees Covenant
Hello and thank you for considering nominating yourself or someone else to serve on the 2023-2027 NTS Alumni Council. NTS seeks to create a diverse team for this new Council including persons from a wide variety of age and ethnic backgrounds but also those from various ministry backgrounds (chaplains, non-profit leaders, non-traditional contexts, and more). NTS also welcomes nominees from international and non-Nazarene contexts. Further NTS seeks to add persons to the council from a wide range of graduating years, including a healthy percentage from our most recent classes.
Below is a list of expectations to consider when nominating yourself or someone else to serve.
Alumni Council Members are expected to:
- Be a graduate (completed a degree or a substantial number of hours at NTS) in good standing of Nazarene Theological Seminary.
- Commit to a four-year term.
- Be enthusiastic about the ministry of the Seminary.
- Have a desire to connect with other Alumni in meaningful and impactful ways.
- Help identify potential students and donors.
- Serve as an advocate and ambassador for the Seminary in all relevant contexts including denominational, educational (region) gatherings, district assemblies, social media, phone calls, and more.
- Support the Seminary with your time, talents, and financial gifts on an annual basis.
- Attend as many council/committee meetings as possible. The council meets 4-5 times per year via Zoom and at denominational gatherings where feasible (example General Assembly).
- Commit to uphold the Wesleyan theological and ethical standards of the Church of the Nazarene.
** Council members will be asked to sign a covenant based on the above expectations at the time of election.