Roots of our Faith Journey
NTS is once again sponsoring a trip to explore our spiritual heritage. Please plan NOW to join us May 16-30, 2014* for “The Roots of our Faith Journey: From Martin Luther to John Wesley”, including travel to Germany and England. *Note slight date change (change/update made 5/23/13)
This journey will be a study tour that will explore in detail some of the primary roots of our spiritual heritage as we journey together to places where these roots were first planted and cultivated:
- Trace the roots of our spiritual heritage in the very places where they first flourished – Germany and England.
- Stand before the door of the castle church in Wittenberg, Germany where Martin Luther posted his “95 Theses” in 1517, touching off the sixteenth-century Reformation of the Church.
- Walk the streets of this historic university town where Luther and others discovered, preached, and wrote about the central ideas of the Protestant Reformation.
- Visit the Augustinian monastery – later Luther’s private home – which today houses the finest museum of the Reformation anywhere in the world.
- Travel the length of England, to Epworth, Oxford, and London where John Wesley shaped a vital and distinctive form of Reformation Christianity in the eighteenth century.
Please consider joining us! We anticipate that participants will represent a wide range of ages, backgrounds, and vocations. YOU are welcome!
NTS faculty and other expert resource persons will help bring to life the story of the Reformation and the Wesleyan Revival as we travel to places at the very heart of these great epochs of Christian history. Participants may receive NTS academic credit for the trip, or simply travel for their own enrichment.
To receive more information, please fill out the form below (by filling out the form, you are in no way obligated to travel) and/or download the trip brochure. You may also contact Lori Neely, Administrative Assistant to the President, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 800.831.3011, ext. 5402.
Download a brochure for more information