Pastoral Counseling Certificate
The Certificate in Pastoral Counseling program is available only to students enrolled in the Master of Divinity Degree Program on the Kansas City campus. This program provides focused training for pastors desiring to enhance their counseling skills and increase their knowledge of the relational, emotional and psychological needs of the people with whom they minister.
This certificate program assumes that the student has completed PTH505 Core Relationships for Christian Ministry, which is required of all Master of Divinity Degree students, and PTH550 Pastoral Care and Counseling, if the student did not complete a pastoral counseling course in undergraduate study.
The certificate requires completing a total of 15 semester hours:
- COU660 Family Systems & the Church (3 hrs)
- COU665 Human Sexuality (3 hrs)
- COU670 Counseling for Grief & Loss (3 hrs)
- COU675 Counseling & Spirituality (3 hrs)
- COU621 and 721 Pastoral Counseling Supervised Ministry (3 hrs)*
*This course satisfies the Supervised Ministry requirement in the M. Div. Degree Program