Here, we feature books recommended by three NTS faculty and/or adjunct faculty members who have recently taught preaching courses at NTS.
FROM DR. STEVE ESTEP | Senior Pastor, Clarksville (TN) Grace Church of the Nazarene
- Creative Preaching on the Sacraments by Craig and Lester Ruth Satterlee (Discipleship Resources, 2001).
- Preaching to Pluralists: How to Proclaim Christ in a Postmodern Age by Chris Altrock (Chalice Press, 2004).
- They Like to Never Quit Praisin’ God: The Role of Celebration in Preaching by Frank A. Thomas (The Pilgrim Press, 1997).
FROM DR. JIM FITZGERALD | Pastor, Duncanville (TX) Trinity Church of the Nazarene
- Preaching and the Literary Forms of the Bible by Thomas G. Long (Fortress Press, 1989).
- The Preaching Life by Barbara Brown Taylor (Cowley Publications, 1993).
- Working the Angles: The Shape of Pastoral Integrity by Eugene H. Peterson (Wm. B. Eerdmans, 1987).
FROM DR. ROGER HAHN | NTS Dean of the Faculty, Professor of New Testament, Director of the Doctor of Ministry Degree Program
- Sacred Rhetoric: Preaching as a Theological and Pastoral Practice of the Church by Michael Pasquarello III (Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 2005).
- Who Owns the Bible: Toward the Recovery of a Christian Hermeneutic by Karl Paul Donfried (Crossroad Publishing Company, 2006).
- Wondrous Depth: Preaching the Old Testament by Ellen F. Davis (Westminster John Knox Press, 2005).