Position: Sports Ministry Intern
Hours: Part-time (less than 20 hrs.)
Wage Type: Non-paid internship
Education Requirements/Preference: Some college preferred
Job description: Responsibilities include
- Developing and implementing a sustainable plan for this ministry on a yearly basis.
- Recruitment of volunteer coaches, referees, etc.
- Extensive advertisement to area schools and communities.
- Establishing liaisons with schools and parks to use their facilities.
- Lay the ground work for a second season of sports outreach.
- Developing a summer camp sports VBS program.
- Follow-up with families that attend.
Job requirements: The Ideal Candidate has a desire to reach families through sports. A call to ministry is preferred, but not required. This intern will have strong organizational skills, a background in athletics, and a love for kids and their parents. Must be at least 21 years of age at time of internship.
Employer name: Mission Church of the Nazarene
Employer address: 4750 Mission Gorge Pl. |San Diego |CA |92120
Contact name: Beverly Cook
Contact phone: (619) 287-3211
Contact email: email@example.com
Additional information/comments: Click here to visit our missionnaz.org to download an internship application and see more info about our internship opportunities (located under “About” tab). All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1st.