MINISTER TO YOUTH — Part-Time, with possibility of full-time in future
Hours Expected per week: approximately 25, including Sundays
1. The candidate should be either ordained or pursuing ordination in the Church of the Nazarene.
2. An undergraduate degree is preferred. Seminary students are encouraged to apply.
3. Reports weekly to the senior pastor and monthly to the church board (board meeting attendance not required).
4. Availability for Sunday worship times and for at least one midweek youth worship/discipleship time required.
5. The candidate should be a person of consistent prayer. Must be willing to meet weekly with the pastor for discipleship and planning, and should be willing to work with the parents, youth workers, and church board through strong communication and accountability.
The Minister to Youth at Cameron Nazarene will be responsible for the following:
1) Meeting weekly with the pastor and any other staff for accountability and planning of ministry.
2) Recruit and involve workers for the youth ministry of the Church, including the fostering of consistent communication and involvement of parents and other adult workers.
3) Oversee consistent meetings of the NYI council, which will be composed of both youth and adult leaders.
4) Assist the Senior Pastor in providing pastoral care and follow-up for teens and their families.
5) Oversee the coordination of special youth events such as community service opportunities, youth-led worship services, outreach events, and work and witness projects.
6) Oversee the leadership of discipleship opportunities for the NYI ministry of the church through midweek, small group, and worship oriented activities. A vision for multi-generational involvement expected.
7) Assist the pastor and Sunday School Superintendent in recruiting, training, and evaluating teachers and workers in the youth ministry.
8) Be a consistent example to the teens of our church and our community in regard to spiritual and emotional maturity, accountability, and encouragement in regarding building the Kingdom of God.
Our Church’s Vision
Our goal at Cameron Nazarene is to be a people who demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ in a way that transforms our community and our world. We sum it up this way: Sharing the love and hospitality of Jesus Christ with our community and our world. The love of Christ is what we experience and share through Scripture, worship, fellowship, and involvement in sharing the Gospel. The hospitality of Christ is a key way in which we bear witness to Christ and exalt Christ in our community and world. We understand the hospitality of Christ to be tangible ways to share His love and concern through acts of service, especially to those who are poor and outcast. These acts of love flow from our own experiences with Christ’s love, and they are done with “no strings attached.” That means the ultimate goal is to plant seeds of Christlike love in our community and our world. Sometimes those seeds grow into fruit that draws people to our fellowship. At other times, the result of this fruit is seen in other places. Either way, we trust God with the results of this mission for His glory and to build His kingdom.
Dr. Charles W. Christian, Lead Pastor
Cameron Church of the Nazarene (www.cameronnaz.org)
206 Lovers Lane
Cameron, MO 64429 (Approximately 50 minutes from Kansas City)
E-mail: email@example.com Pastor’s Cell Phone: 330-541-1007