First Church of the Nazarene in San Angelo, TX is looking for a Part-Time Youth Pastor.
Position Description: Part-Time Youth Pastor
In seeking to provide comprehensive ministry to the whole spectrum of youth within the church, the Youth Pastor shall have oversight of all youth ministries, including Junior High School, Senior High School and College and Career.
The Youth Pastor shall function through a Youth Council consisting of a representative from each age-specific ministry, as well as youth specialists within the church. This body has already been defined and agreed upon.
The Youth Pastor shall have the following responsibilities:
· Recruit, train and encourage volunteer youth workers and sponsors.
· Have some experience with a variety of age groups within the church so he or she can relate to them.
· Plan, organize and lead a creative and “DYNAMIC” Wednesday evening Youth Gathering, utilizing the volunteer staff that is in place.
· Develop relationships with and challenge students to lead them towards spiritual growth and a deeper walk with Christ.
· Have a strong passion for students, music and have the ability to help the Youth Praise Team continue to develop.
· Encourage the students to plug into our existing Tuesday night Dare-To-Care program to follow up and care for our students. He or she is to be vitally involved in this program.
· Develop an Annual Planning Calendar and publish and up-to-date Monthly Activity publishing this to the Youth Website.
· Work with volunteers to implement special outreach events to reach the unchurched. He or she must have a missional approach to ministry and have a passion for missions.
· Plan retreats, special outings and an annual mission trip, making sure that the calendar matches the Master Church Calendar.
· Locate and utilize relevant youth materials, such as magazines, workshops, video training, etc. I order to stay on the “cutting edge.”
· Develop an annual, detailed line item budget.
· The Youth Pastor is directly answerable to the Senior Pastor.
· Attend weekly Staff Meeting.
· Meet monthly with the Senior Pastor for planning, dreaming, mentoring and future planning.
· Meet at least bi-monthly with the NYI Council for planning.
· Submit a monthly report of activities, work accomplished and future plans to the Senior Pastor, NYI Council and Church Board.
· Annual evaluations will be conducted by the Senior Pastor.
· Part-time salary and compensation is set at $15,500.
· This amount will be evaluated at least annually.
We are willing to cover expenses for an onsite interview as well as moving expenses. The hours would be approximately 20 hours per week on average. For more information, please contact Pastor Don Ardrey at email@example.com .