Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Type of Staff: Full Time
Staff Supervisor: Operations/Facilities Manager
The Maintenance Supervisor has the full responsibility to perform and supervise various maintenance and janitorial duties necessary to maintain and enhance the value of KCRM facilities. This includes supervising volunteers, staff and contractors.
The Maintenance Supervisor must:
Be a person of strong Christian character and faith who lives a life which is pure and above reproach.
Conform to KCRM “Qualifications for Employment” and support the KCRM “Statement of Belief”, Mission, Vision and Values as outlined in the KCRM Employee Handbook.
Be willing to learn and able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to further develop and manage KCRM’s maintenance operation and those assigned to assist in this area including people of all faiths, as well as individuals with potentially volatile personalities.
Be a team player, able to work in an emotionally stressful environment and possess good people skills.
Be able to communicate effectively in written and verbal form, use sound judgment to make independent decisions when necessary and take direction and constructive criticism.
Be able to evaluate multiple courses of action, considering cost, durability, and functionality of each and be able to recommend the best course of action.
Have management or supervisory experience and a minimum of a High School Diploma/GED. Technical Certification(s) is preferred.
Minimum 2-3 years of facilities maintenance experience.
Be physically able to inspect facilities which may require climbing ladders, crawling in confined spaces, and negotiating varied and sometimes uneven surfaces.
Be computer literate and able to lift objects in excess of 50 lbs.
Be a creative, pro-active problem solver.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise and be a Christ - like example to participants in KCRM’s Christian Community of Recovery (C-COR) who are assigned to the Maintenance Department.
2. Perform preventative maintenance and arrange for repairs on HVAC and refrigeration systems and all exhaust fans.
3. Monthly: inspect a) all roof tops, parapets, curbs and flashing for leaks and/or areas needing repair; b) clean storm drains and clothes dryer vents; c) inspect the fire sprinkler system for leaks.
4. Arrange for and oversee the removal of ice and snow from the Mission properties and sidewalks.
5. Establish and implement a system to routinely inspect, repair and/or replace: a) doors, closers, hardware, weather stripping, fire stop, alarms and batteries; b) emergency lights and batteries; c) interior and exterior lights; d) faucet washers; etc.
6. Organize, label, maintain and oversee maintenance shop and inventory.
7. Maintain and coordinate repair of Mission vehicles.
8. Provide written documentation on preventative maintenance and repairs to all Mission facilities, equipment and vehicles.
9. Schedule and assist with floor maintenance, including tile and carpet.
10. Oversee janitorial services provided by C-COR and outside vendors.
11. Schedule, oversee and follow through to completion all necessary maintenance (e.g. electrical, plumbing, heating/cooling, construction, painting, etc.
12. As needs become known, research and negotiate purchases of service, equipment, materials, etc., being conscious of safety, security and cost, and advising appropriate staff members of concerns and/or suggestions.
13. Determine supplies and equipment necessary for overall maintenance of facilities and arrange for rental or purchase.
14. In cooperation with other staff assigned by the Executive Director, negotiate contracts for capital improvements and construction.
15. Understand and adhere to emergency systems and procedures and be first response in coordinating KCRM protocol.
16. Maintain comprehensive documentation of equipment purchases, maintenance and repairs.
17. Control expenses associated with the operation of the facilities.
18. Insure facilities are in compliance with the existing codes.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.