DMIN ADMISSIONS AND ENROLLMENT PROCEDURES
The following is required for consideration of acceptance for either the Kansas City English or Kansas City Spanish DMin:
- A completed application with a $50 non-refundable application fee that is paid online with the application form.
- Official transcripts - Detailing previous academic study from all universities or colleges attended, including undergraduate and graduate schools. Each should be embossed with the school seal and must be sent directly from the issuing institution to the Office of the Registrar and Admissions. Applicants with course work in progress toward the fulfillment of a degree are required to submit an official final transcript verifying receipt of that degree after completion of the course work. International students who have transcripts in a language other than English must provide an accompanying certified English translation.
- References - Three are required, as listed below. Each should be sent directly by the recommender to the Office of the Registrar and Admissions. Recommenders are also welcome to submit a personal letter of reference along with the required reference form. The three references should come from:
- Ecclesial Employer/Supervisor - person to whom the applicant is most directly accountable in current ministry;
- Academic Professor - from the applicant’s graduate theological degree program; and a
- Layperson - non-relative from the applicant’s current ministry context.
- Personal and Professional Identity Paper - A 1,500 to 3,000 word typed paper that includes the information below. The paper should demonstrate your ability to organize your written thoughts clearly and coherently, using correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. and appropriate/consistent form and style. Citations of sources should include full bibliographic information.
- An overview of your personal spiritual and leadership journey with reference to all ministry experience, including your current context
- A description/list of your continuing education endeavors since completion of masters-level work (e.g. seminars, workshops attended, reading lists, etc.)
- An articulation of the theology that undergirds your ministry, with references to particular thinkers and writers who shape your theological understanding and framework (minimum 750 words)
- An evaluation of your current professional and educational competence and goals
- A rationale for pursuing the Doctor of Ministry degree, i.e. your vision for how the program will contribute to your personal and professional development in your current ministry context
- Any desired specialization or focus for your studies and the Pastoral Research Project.
- Interviews - when all of the application materials have been received, two interviews will be scheduled. These will take place by phone, Skype, or in person. The first is an interview with an alumnus of the program and the second is with the degree director. You will then be notified as to acceptance. An additional interview with the committee may be required at the discretion of the degree director.
Note: Applicants with less than the 3.0/4.0 GPA requirement will be required to submit an additional academic paper. Instructions will be supplied in the event this is necessary.
NOTE: Army Chaplains who apply for admission to the program can take advantage of the following provisions to streamline the standard process:
- The applicant’s last two Officer Efficiency Reports (OERs) can be submitted in lieu of the standard references
- The applicant can submit a written sample from the Chaplain Captain Career Course (C4) work in lieu of the standard Essay
Following acceptance, the student is electronically sent an official acceptance letter, a confirmation form specific to the program, and a request for the $100 confirmation deposit. When both items are received, the student is pre-enrolled in the appropriate upcoming seminar. The course goes live in Moodle at the end of the previous seminar.
If you have any questions about applications or requirements, please contact the Academic Programs Assistant at 1.800.831.3011, ext. 5413 or email@example.com.