Accreditation Status Information
Nazarene Theological Seminary
Accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, and the following degree programs are approved:
- Master of Divinity Degree
- Master of Arts in Christian Formation and Discipleship Degree
- Master of Arts in Intercultural Studies Degree
- Master of Arts (Theological Studies) Degree
- Doctor of Ministry Degree
- Approved for a Comprehensive Distance Education Program
STATES IN WHICH NTS IS AUTHORIZED TO OFFER ON-CAMPUS COURSES:
- MISSOURI, on the main campus of Nazarene Theological Seminary in Kansas City.
- TENNESSEE, on the campus of Trevecca Nazarene Univeristy in Nasville. NTS is authorized by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. This authorization must be renewed each year and is based on an evaluation by minimum standards concerning quality of education, ethical business practices, health and safety, and fiscal responsibility.
- MASSACHUSETTS, on the campus of Eastern Nazarene College, in Quincy. NTS is authorized by the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education to offer the Master of Divinity.
- OHIO, on the campus of Mount Vernon Nazarene University, in Mount Vernon. NTS is authorized by the Board of Regents of the State of Ohio to offer the Master of Divinity.
- OKLAHOMA, on the campus of Southern Nazarene University, in Bethany. NTS is authorized by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education to offer the Master of Divinity.
The Commission contact information is:
The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275