Beijing to Shanghai: 13-day cruise tour with 11 guided tours
NOTE DATE CHANGE: June 4 - 16, 2016
Prices starting at $3,578/person
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN TRAVELING WITH US?
- Click HERE to download the UPDATED (7/30/15) trip brochure.
- Please contact the NTS Office of Advancement to let us know that you are interested in traveling with us by clicking HERE and filling out the general interest form.
- Click HERE to go to the Group Travel Services website to access more trip resources, including the following two documents (click on document names below to download the resources):
First Class Accommodations (four and five star), All Meals, Local English Speaking Guides, Sightseeing Tours and all Entrance Fees listed
Luxurious Staterooms with Veranda (balcony) on the 5 Star Viking Emerald, 6 day Upstream Cruise between Yueyang and Chongqing
Day 1 Beijing
Hotel check-in, free time.
Day 2 Beijing
Tiananmen Square & Forbidden City; Summer Palace
Day 3 Beijing
Excursion to Great Wall, A UNESCO Site; Sacred Way, option Pekin duck dinner & performers from Peking Opera.
Day 4 Beijing | Xian
Tour Old Beijing’s hutongs, fly to Xian; Hotel check-in, free time.
Day 5 Xian
Visit the Terra Cotta Army, a UNESCO Site.
Day 6 Chongqing
Fly to Chongqing, embark your ship.
Day 7 Shibaozhai
Shibaozhai Temple tour & Yangtze River views.
Day 8 Three Gorges | Lesser Three Gorges
Wu & Qutang Gorges scenic cruising; Lesser Three Gorges excursion.
Day 9 Three Gorges | Three Gorges Dam
Xiling Gorges scenic cruising; Three Gorges Dam lock transit & facility tour.
Day 10 Jingzhou
Viking Rivers Cruises school visit & school children performance.
Day 11 Wuhan | Shanghai
Disembark your ship; Hubei Provincial Museum visit & bronze bell performance. Fly to Shanghai, hotel check-in.
Day 12 Shanghai
Old Shanghai/Bund tour, Shanghai Museum & free time; Chinese acrobatic performance.
Day 13 Shanghai
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 6-day Yangtze River cruise in a veranda stateroom
- 3 nights in Beijing: Regent Beijing, Westin Chaoyang or Kerry Hotel (or similar); 2 nights in Xian: Sheraton, Hilton or Crowne Plaza; 2 nights in Shanghai: Westin, Ritz-Carlton or Jin An Shangri-La.
- Fully escorted: 11 guided tours with audio headset
- All meals: 12 breakfasts, 11 lunches, 11 dinners
- Complimentary soft drinks with onboard dinner and lunch service
WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO EXPERIENCE ON AN NTS STUDY TRIP?
Click HERE to view a short testimonial video of our 2011 study trip, “The Footsteps of Paul and John”, taken and edited by Allen Brown, fellow traveler and friend of NTS.