Here, we feature books recommended by Dr. Dean Blevins, Professor of Christian Education and Director of the Master of Arts in Christian Education Degree Program:
- Garland, Diana R. Sacred Stories of Ordinary Families (Jossey Bass, 2003).
- Gelder, Craig Van. Editor. The Missional Church in Context: Helping Congregations Develop Contextual Ministry (Grand Rapids: Wm. B. Eerdmanns Publishing Co., 2007).
- Hardiman, Mariale M. Connecting Brain Research with Effective Teaching: The Brain-Targeted Teaching Model (Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Scarecrow Education, 2003).
- Root, Andrew. Revisiting Relational Youth Ministry: From a Strategy of Influence to a Theology of Incarnation (Downer’s Grove: IVP Books, 2007).
- Smith, James K. Desiring the Kingdom: Worship, Worldview and Cultural Formation (Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2009).
- Stonehouse, Catherine and Scottie May. Listening to Children on the Spiritual Journey: Guidance for Those who Teach and Nurture (Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2010).
- Veith Jr., Gene Edward. God at Work: Your Christian Vocation in All of Life (Wheaton, IL. Crossway Books, 2002).